Friday, October 5, 2007

The Clouds Break.

Enough repairs in dark garages, the sun came out briefly today so I delayed an appointment and took the top down to scoot around. Serious scooting.

I also came across this beautiful Alfa Romeo Giuletta spider.
I'm no Alfa expert but this car is from the late 50's or early 60's.

At auctions they go for 35 to 50 thousand dollars

This one looks a little worn (note the rust on the grill) so it's probably more of a 30 thousand dollar car. But I didn't see any rust on the body.

The styling was by Pininfarina.


Sweet red leather interior though the owner likes to stuff books everywhere and what's with that LED light stuck to the dash; that's sacrilege, this car is a shrine to classic European motoring, a little respect please.

The Miata is a spiritual descendant of cars like the Spider; simple two seat rwd roadster with style and fun.

1 comment:

  1. So, this is what you do when I'm not around . . . hmmmmmmm. . . .

    ReplyDelete