Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Winter blech

With Vancouver looking like this the Miata is just sitting in the garage collecting dust. When is it going to be summer again? I've had to resort to sitting in an old car seat and playing GranTurismo to get my sports car fix. It's just not the same.

Recently I ran into somebody at an xmas party who also owns a Miata and gets the whole fun sports car thing (by that I mean someone who didn't buy a Miata because 'It's sooooo cuuuuuute') Interestingly there wasn't really that much to say.
"the car sure is fun eh?"
"yup"
"Do you have any mods?"
"No. Do you?"
"yeah"
"Does it go faster?"
"Yeah, a bit"
Maybe if we had been drinking more it would have been a better conversation.

6 comments:

  1. 50 lbs of free weights spread out in the trunk make things a bit more managable. But all in all missing summer myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well - as I recall, he did have a bit to drink, and that was probably why you didn't have a decent conversation . . . although I remember him telling strange stories . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do all comments have to be approved by the author? do you have a stalker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday, a leak. The water is coming in from between the windshield and roof clip above the drivers seat and streaming down onto the seat as well as onto me while I'm driving. What is causing this leak? Have you had this problem at all? Or is Van City Blue Miata permanently retired for the season?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh shitty; leaks suck. Luckily my top is new and I haven't experienced any leaks. The VanCityBlueMiata is parked for the season but I do offer this advice: The leak you describe is apparently very common and can be cause by two things. The rubber molding between the top of the window frame and the roof may be damaged, or the latch mechanism is out of adjustment. If you're finding it's too easy or too hard to latch that side of the top or if there's a lot of rattling coming from the latch; it needs to be adjusted. I've never done it but apparently all you need is to inspect the latch and you'll find the adjustment screw, there's some kind of plastic bit that keeps it from moving which you'll have to remove. Good luck. I hope it's not the moulding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what's up with the approval thing. Some setting must be messed up. I'll investigate. I do have a stalker; it's you.

    ReplyDelete