Friday, April 4, 2008

Wipers; Wiping

On Wednesday I went and picked up the wiper control arm for my Infiniti. It was right where they said it would be and cost only $22. The fix took about 2 minutes of snapping the joints to the motor and pivots and then voila the wipers work again. I wonder how much this repair would have been if I chose to pay for the labour. Probably over $100 bucks at least. This was really one of those cases where doing it yourself payed off. Since this was such a simple fix (anyone with minimum amount of mechanical skill, a screw driver, and a 14mm box wrench could do it) it took just a few minutes. If I took it in to get fixed I'd probably be without a car for at least a whole day. I did the fix just in time as it's absolutely pouring outside. Summer can't get here soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. you're very resourceful! i love it that you know how to fix things! can you put word on my computer?

    ReplyDelete