Monday, April 6, 2009

Is that your car?


I don't dress well. My favorite outfit is my "Rip Zone" hoodie (I have no idea when or where I got it), a pair of Levi jeans from Zellers, and a pair of discount runners (dicounted because they were ugly and no body bought them). So basically I don't look like high society, nor do I earn high society money. This has lead to an interesting phenomenon; people don't beleive I own a Mercedes. Here are some examples: Shortly after buying the car I was washing it in my garage when a neighbour noted "Why are you washing your bosses car?". On a recent trip to Oregon, in the line up to cross the border into the USA a pair of border guards came up to the car and asked me a long series of questions all designed to determine if it was my car "Is this your car? When did you buy it? From who?". But the most common response I get from people is "Is that yours?" or "Did you win the Lotto?". Sometimes I tell them how much I paid for it, sometimes I don't. It's sad because I realize that most people beleive that they can't afford a Mercedes, when the truth is, almost anyone can.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment