Saturday, September 8, 2007

Busted!

No that's not my Miata busted by the cops, but that's probably what I looked like earlier today. This pic I took a few days ago; I guess it was a bad omen. I was on my way to work today (I don't like working on the weekend to begin with) and stuck in typical Kitsilano weekend shopper traffic where it takes ten minutes to go one block. Well at the end of this ten minute block I crossed to the next one following the car in front of me. Unfortunately I guess the light had turned red. After sitting in traffic for ten minutes to go one block my mind had melted away so I wasn't really paying attention. I guess I was more focused on listening to the Led Zeppelin all request weekend on Rock 101. It's hard for me to see traffic lights anyways because I'm so tall the header blocks my view. Well anyway there was a cop car there and he saw me cross at about 2km/hr on the red. I guess he felt that was dangerous. So he pulled up behind and waited another ten minutes of traffic until we cleared that block to pull me over. Lame. To make things even sweeter I didn't have my drivers license so it was a double whammy. Sometimes you don't get a freebie. However since, according to the officer, I have such a good driving record, he took off the failure to stop at a red light citation so all I have to pay for is not producing my license. So sometimes it's not a total freebie.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard for you to see traffic lights because the top of the windshield blocks your view? That's a good feature.

    Also - you have a good driving record?

    ReplyDelete