Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Grins



That's the grin I had today while zipping around Stanley Park on my way home from work. This car is so fun to drive you want to always take the longer way home, go to the Safeway further away, and drive for no reason other than to drive. At least for now before the novelty wears off. If there's a twinge of worry on my face in that pic it's because there's a strange rattling clanging sound coming from underneath the car when the engine revs drop suddenly. Hopefully it's a loose exhaust system cover and not the drive shaft; yikes.

So far my average fuel consumption with mixed freeway and city driving is 9.5 litres/100km. That's pretty good. For comparison a Prius gets about 5.5 litres/100km. So the Miata burns nearly double but have you driven a Prius? It's like driving a boring a shopping cart. What's astounding so far is that I've been averaging about 200km per day. It's fun to drive.

3 comments:

  1. I was in the blue Miata the other week. I grinned.

    Great idea for a blog, RK. I admire your discipline in focusing on just the car. Then again, I've been blogging about nothing but a grey box for the past four months, so we all know where I'm coming from. Which is making me think - should I start a blog called "The Hundred Dollar Car"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hundred dollar car; I think that would be a great blog. You can keep a running tally of how much the total cost of the car is with repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 14 months, approx. $1400 in repairs. $100 for the car, $100 per month in insurance and $100 per month in maintenance. That's pleasing.

    ReplyDelete