Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Utilitity

While the trunk of the Miata may not be the best for moving anything larger than a breadbox, the passenger seat is just fine. Witness this 21-inch JVC TV that made the trip to Value Village unscathed. I was sad to see this TV go as it was part of my severance package when I left Blockbuster Video so many years ago. So many memories but it's all dust in the wind now, or dusty TV in the Miata. When I dropped off the TV the hippie-stoner-dude taking deliveries gave me a "cool car man".
In other news the overheating problem still exists. Every time the Miata is stuck in traffic for an extended period of time, it overheats. I guess my camping trip to Cat Lake only served to alleviate my traffic overheating problem and not the Miata's. I've diagnosed the problem to a faulty thermo-sensor but my dad, the veteran mechanic, thinks it's best to replace the thermostat first. So that's what we'll do.

2 comments:

  1. I see you have the ashtray for the centre console. I used to have the ashtray, but I traded it in for the cupholder, which nicely doubles for a cell phone holder. Just an observation...
    Ps. do you have the spare tire in the trunk? Takes up about half the usable space huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I've done is turn the base of the ashtray around so when you open the sliding door there's no cigarette holder. That way a small coffee cup can fit in there. I also have an after market cupholder that folds out and is mounted to the passenger side of the console. It's kinda fiddly but doesn't interfere with shifting. The spare tire does take up a lot of space, apparently there's a way to mount it under the car.

    ReplyDelete