Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Spectacle

Yesterday, while pulling into my friends residential town home complex with the top down, I was mobbed by a bunch of kids on bikes. I couldn't really make out what they were saying and I hope I wasn't being bullied but one girl asked to "make it a real car". When I asked what she meant she replied "put the hood on". She really needs to brush up on her car lingo, but for the amusement of the kids I put the top up. I'm sure I heard a "cool car" there somewhere. Just goes to show you the power of the Miata, it still turns heads after twenty years, kids' heads. It also impressed me and the kids how easy it is to work the top , it's a beautiful bit of engineering. Just two clamps and the window zipper and you're done. You can do it while paused in traffic. I have noticed however that the fabric of the top is being 'pinched' between these big screws and some kind of bracket every time I put the top down. I'm going to glue some foam onto the bracket so the fabric doesn't get scratched while the car is moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment